ABOUT FULL STACK DEVELOPER ROLE
Our engineering team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Full Stack Developer to join our growing technical team. We are a small team working to accelerate the deployment of emerging technology into national security use-cases. We are seeking technical professionals who want to operate on the front lines of an exciting and disruptive mission.
As a Full Stack Developer for Second Front Systems, we’ll expect you to develop and deliver high quality software. We pride ourselves on working together as a team and delivering results. You’ll be expected to work cross functionally to deliver on a given set of features in a fast-paced agile environment. You’ll be empowered to collaborate with others to implement software that delivers unique capabilities for those that serve our country. As part of the role, you’ll be expected to establish benchmarks, outline key activities, and prioritize efforts across multiple initiatives and programs. You’ll be expected to work cross functionally on a given set of features in a fast-paced agile environment and deliver exceptional software solutions that empower the people who use our products.
- Working with a distributed team on both the front and back end of our cloud platform.
- Hands-on Agile development, typically spending 80-90% of your time actually writing new code, tests to cover that code, and the infrastructure to support that code.
- Developing a deep understanding of integrations with other applications and systems within our end-user’s ecosystem.
- Communicating with end-users, third-party partners, and company leadership to keep key stakeholders informed about the development of our cloud platform.
- Experienced software engineer with 3+ years of experience
- Proven track record of driving innovation by coming up with and driving exciting ideas to solve challenging problems
- You embrace SCRUM, agile development, and building processes
- Embraces innovation and demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset and attitude
- Vigorously motivates, navigates and maintains positive and authentic relations with Second Front’s executive, growth, research and product teams, partners, investors, and customers
- Comprehensively understands, and tenaciously drives for, impactful results
- Appropriately and seamlessly manage multifaceted strategies, work streams, and sensitive and/or proprietary information
- Ability to work with multiple individuals and collaborateInfluences with integrity and optimism and has a coachable and competitive spirit
- Desire to ignite positive customer engagements and experiences
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- High-energy, adaptive, self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited direction.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
Significant previous experience with:
- Contributing to both the front and back ends of an enterprise grade web application built with React-Node-SQL/Mongo, with an emphasis on data architecture and integrations
- Building and integrating tools to implement Extract, Transform, and Load data functions from a variety of 3rd party data sources
- Developing tests to ensure the data quality and application reliability
- Implementing application and infrastructure telemetry and analysis to understand system performance
- At least one high level language (e.g. Go, C#, Python)
- Building out data structures and RESTful infrastructure to execute CRUD operations
- Using Git, following a branching strategy
Previous experience with:
- CI/CD infrastructure (e.g. CircleCI, Jenkins, GitHub Actions)
- MongoDB, SQL, and (bonus) graph databases
- An active Security Clearance and previous experience working in national security
- National Security Background
ABOUT SECOND FRONT SYSTEMS
Second Front Systems (2F) is a public benefit, venture-backed software company that equips defense and national security professionals for long-term, continuous competition for access to emerging technologies. Our products help speed, simplify and strengthen the acquisition process by collecting and tailoring relevant company and technology data, reducing cyber and foreign influence risk, and streamlining cybersecurity and compliance accreditation.
Founded by two former Marines with firsthand experience of the dangers outdated technology poses in combat, our team is dedicated to fast-tracking government access to disruptive, commercially-proven technology for U.S. national security missions. We serve as a trusted advisor in the defense and national security sector by empowering the federal government to move at the speed of relevance without sacrificing security and to achieve a strategic advantage.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, as well as having a bi-coastal and international presence, our distributed team spans across the world. We’re excited to welcome and bring on a variety of professionals looking to operate on the front lines of technological innovation. Visit our careers page to learn more about opportunities at Second Front Systems.