ABOUT THE ROLE
Second Front Systems (2F) is seeking research interns to support our team during the summer of 2022. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial team working at the convergence of technology and national security.
What You'll Do
- Compile open source research on technology solutions, global emerging technology markets, and companies of interest for Department of Defense customers on topics such as artificial intelligence, electric vehicles, supply chain logistics, and additive manufacturing
- Contribute to written products that support Second Front Systems' C-suite, growth, data, marketing, and software product teams
- Work closely with Research Team members to generate insights from data and market intelligence tools to inform client work on the commercial technology landscape
- Produce short written products including blogs, reports, and other content
- Participate in shaping the work processes of a start-up in the early rounds of venture capital financing
- Collaborate on cross-team projects at the intersection of commercial technology and defense
- Writing style should be concise, active, and clear with an eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- Skilled in research of and translation of complex national security and technology topics into easily understood written products
- Familiar with the U.S. defense apparatus, venture capital, and/or emerging commercial technologies
- Able to adapt to new projects and topics quickly in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Must be eligible for a security clearance
Your Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor student, graduate student, or equivalent relevant experience in national security, political science, technology policy, business, finance, economics, library sciences, engineering, or military science (We regularly hire different education levels)
- Be team-oriented, respectul of team members, and mission-driven
- Strong interest in matters of national security and building a small business
- Specialized knowledge or demonstrated interest in a particular technology field
- Will strive to be both compassionate and direct with receiving and providing feedback
Application Requirements and Dates
- Please attach Resume, Cover Letter, and Writing Sample as a singular pdf
- Cover letter
- 3-5 page writing sample that highlights understanding of technical topics
- Application due March 1, 2022
- Interviews are conducted throughout March with decision notifications sent out by April 1, 2022
ABOUT SECOND FRONT SYSTEMS
Second Front Systems (2F) is a public benefit, venture-backed software company that equips defense and national security professionals for long-term, continuous competition for access to emerging technologies. Our products help speed, simplify and strengthen the acquisition process by collecting and tailoring relevant company and technology data, reducing cyber and foreign influence risk, and streamlining cybersecurity and compliance accreditation.
Founded by two former Marines with firsthand experience of the dangers outdated technology poses in combat, our team is dedicated to fast-tracking government access to disruptive, commercially-proven technology for U.S. national security missions. We serve as a trusted advisor in the defense and national security sector by empowering the federal government to move at the speed of relevance without sacrificing security and to achieve a strategic advantage.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, as well as having a bi-coastal and international presence, our distributed team spans across the world. We’re excited to welcome and bring on a variety of professionals looking to operate on the front lines of technological innovation. Visit our careers page to learn more about opportunities at Second Front Systems.