ABOUT SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER ROLE
Our Cloud Operations team (DevOps + IT + Security) is responsible for building and delivering cloud-native tools and services for Second Front business and product teams, with an emphasis on automation and security.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Second Front Systems, your responsibility is to build and operate DevOps infrastructure and CI/CD tooling to enable the rapid and secure development of applications. You will work hand-in-hand with the Security Engineers and IT Specialists to ensure the effective operations and reliability of Second Front applications and rapidly respond to any service interruptions. Finally, you are responsible for learning new things, solving big problems, working independently, speaking your mind, and contributing to a culture of diversity, innovation, and excellence.
- Build and operate a cloud-native DevSecOps environment in accordance with the Department of Defense’s DevSecOps reference architecture
- Contribute to the implementation/maintenance of fully automated CI/CD pipelines
- Design and Implement Infrastructure as code to efficiently solve problems both for the company and its clients.
- Assist in incident response and site reliability engineering.
- Collaborate effectively with and mentor members of the team. Coordinate activities with the Principal Engineer and CTO
- Able to be a positive influence on the company
- Comfortable working on complex problems, striving to find unique solutions to problems
- Experience working in a fast paced start-up environment independently and efficiently
- Extensive knowledge of DevSecOps tools and practices
- Administered and automated practical solutions for SDLC and Release management through CI and related tools including but not limited to: Gitlab, Github, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, SonarQube, Anchor, Twistlock, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Architect-level experience with implementing and maintaining high-scale cloud infrastructure as code (via Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc)
- In-depth knowledge and experience with containerization (Docker/Podman) and scaling with cloud-native container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, EKS, GKS, etc)
- In-depth experience implementing and maintaining automation/configuration management solutions (i.e. Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack) used throughout business
- Practical experience managing Agile Release Management and maintaining a scalable SDLC
- Excellent knowledge of AWS or Azure with basic cloud networking, (i.e. SGs, Subnets, VPC link, Route53)
- System Administration level experience working in Linux environments
- You have excellent scripting skills in at least one of the following: Bash, Perl, Python, Powershell
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- US Citizen
- Experience with Department of Defense DevSecOps practices, policies, and security
- Able to obtain a Secret-level security clearance
- AWS or Azure Professional Certificates
- Experience in Network Engineering
ABOUT SECOND FRONT SYSTEMS
Second Front Systems (2F) is a public benefit, venture-backed software company that equips defense and national security professionals for long-term, continuous competition for access to emerging technologies. Our products help speed, simplify and strengthen the acquisition process by collecting and tailoring relevant company and technology data, reducing cyber and foreign influence risk, and streamlining cybersecurity and compliance accreditation.
Founded by two former Marines with firsthand experience of the dangers outdated technology poses in combat, our team is dedicated to fast-tracking government access to disruptive, commercially-proven technology for U.S. national security missions. We serve as a trusted advisor in the defense and national security sector by empowering the federal government to move at the speed of relevance without sacrificing security and to achieve a strategic advantage.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, as well as having a bi-coastal and international presence, our distributed team spans across the world. We’re excited to welcome and bring on a variety of professionals looking to operate on the front lines of technological innovation. Visit our careers page to learn more about opportunities at Second Front Systems.