ABOUT THE ROLE
Second Front Systems’ Research and Development team is seeking a skilled and motivated Senior DevSecOps Engineer with a Top Secret/SCI security clearance to join our growing team. In this role, you'll spearhead our technical efforts to bring our DevSecOps platform (Game Warden) onto classified fabrics with AWS. Second Front Systems is working to accelerate the transition and adoption of emerging technology into the national security ecosystem, including the Department of Defense. We are seeking professionals who want to operate on the front lines of an exciting and disruptive mission.
We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial team working at the convergence of technology and national security. If this type of effort interests you, come join us!
This position requires a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
This position requires U.S. citizenship due to government contract requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Senior DevSecOps Engineer for Second Front Systems, we’ll expect you to architect, improve, implement, and operate our cloud native platform for deploying software as a service offerings to the national security ecosystem. You will be central to research, experimentation, and development needed to deliver our DevSecOps platform (Game Warden) onto classified fabrics with AWS. As part of a cross functional team, you'll build, test, validate, and operate Game Warden in accordance with the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community security and compliance standards. We pride ourselves on working together as a team and delivering results. You’ll be expected to work cross functionally on both well defined topics and on areas you identify as needing research and development. You'll work closely with government interlocutors to understand, provision, and secure cloud-based resources in support of research and development efforts to get Game Warden deployed on classified networks using AWS. You'll gain a level of DoD 8570 compliance. We work in a fast-paced agile environment to deliver exceptional software solutions that empower the people who use our products. As part of the team, you’ll be expected to establish benchmarks, outline key activities, and prioritize efforts across multiple initiatives and programs. You'll be responsible for developing and documenting new solutions, working independently, and contributing to a culture of diversity, innovation, and excellence.
SKILLS YOU'LL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Architect-level experience designing, implementing, and operating cloud-based infrastructure in AWS
- Deep expertise and experience with containerization
- In-depth experience with Kubernetes and AWS EKS
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Ability to develop, optimize, and debug code
- Strong coding skills with exposure to one or more of the following: Terraform, Go, Python, Bash
- Ability to implement, modify, and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to understand technical concepts
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Expertise with DevSecOps principles, components, and cloud computing providers and services
- Familiarity with Gitlab, Confluence, Google Workspaces
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect
- Experience in systems administration, systems or software engineering, and/ or computer science
- DoD 8570 compliance
- Strive to be both compassionate and direct with your feedback
- Team-oriented and inclusive with your actions
- View obstacles as opportunities for growth
- Strong interest in matters of national security
- Active security clearance or ability to obtain a Top Secret-level security clearance
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Ability to adopt, create and iterate on changing procedures
PERKS & BENEFITS
This is a full-time role. As a public benefit corporation, we’re a team of purpose-driven trailblazers transforming the future of U.S. national security. We hire the best to do their best and, as such, we are committed to providing the perks and benefits you need to be successful—both in- and outside the workplace.
We offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Fully covered healthcare, vision and dental
- 401(k) + 3% company contribution
- Wellness perks (Fitness classes, mental health resources)
- Equity incentive plan
- Tech + office supplies stipend
- Annual professional development stipend
- Flexible paid time off + federal holidays off
- Parental leave
- Work from anywhere
- Referral Bonus
Visit our careers page to learn more.
WHO WE ARE
At Second Front Systems (2F), we equip defense and national security professionals for long-term, continuous competition for access to emerging technologies. Founded by two former U.S. Marines with firsthand experience of the dangers outdated technology poses in combat, our team is dedicated to fast-tracking government access to disruptive, commercially-proven technology for U.S. national security missions.
Our Game Warden product, a fully managed and compliant DevSecOps platform, accelerates the process for accrediting software as a service (SaaS) applications for government use.
Learn how 2F can help you make an impact on national security missions at www.secondfront.com
ONE LAST THING…
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested—We'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience.