ABOUT THE ROLE
Second Front Systems (2F) is seeking a motivated Solutions Engineer (SE) to support our team. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial team working at the convergence of technology and national security. The work will be dynamic and wide-ranging within the Growth team supporting the rapid scaling of our Game Warden platform.
We are growing quickly and need an experienced Solutions Engineer to play a key role in helping to secure future business and partnership initiatives. The SE will represent 2F as a technical SME during customer and market-facing engagements. This is a cross-functional role that will work with commercial sales, marketing, customer success, product, business development, and government engagement teams.
Note: This position requires U.S. citizenship.
What You’ll Do
Our Solutions Engineer will drive technical engagements with CEOs, CTOs, Engineering Directors, and software engineers, both internally and externally, inspiring confidence in our team and products throughout the entire customer journey.
Specific responsibilities include:
- The Solutions Engineer is a high impact, cross-functional role driving the adoption of our platform in businesses of all sizes
- Serves as a member of the Growth team, owning the technical aspects of the direct engagements between customers and the platform
- Participates in Go-To-Market efforts, including: Introduction calls, technical sales presentations, RFP/RFI responses, product demonstrations, architecture design discussions, and technical workshops
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of Second Front products and represent 2F internally and externally as a technical SME
- Track customer feedback and engage with 2F product teams to align roadmaps with demand signals
- Develop and review marketing content (blogs, posts, etc) and technical documentation to support and drive business development
Skills You’ll Bring to Our Team
- A self-starter who can work well independently and as part of a team
- Experience in a client-facing role, ideally within the Defense Industrial Base (especially in sales, partnerships, business development, or customer success)
- Hands-on experience working with AWS, GCP, or Azure, where you are certified or eager to become certified
- Senior level experience in a technical role (e.g. software engineer, sales engineer, technical product manager) demonstrating creative problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Hands-on software development, networking, or DevOps experience, preferably in conjunction with cloud technologies
- Ability to maintain composure in critical situations and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have prior experience in a similar role and a strong track record of success in supporting complex, enterprise SaaS customers
- You are highly goal-oriented, assertive and a hands-on problem solver
- You demonstrate the ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Previous experience, knowledge, or certifications relating to cybersecurity
- Experience working with some/all of our tech stack: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Istio, Git, Gitlab, Terraform, Relational DBs
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Ability to adopt, create, and iterate on changing procedures in near-real time
- Knowledge of DevSecOps tools and practices
- COMPTIA Security+ certification
- Active Security Clearance (TS-SCI)
Perks & Benefits
This role is full-time at 40 hours a week. We’re a fully remote company that works flexible hours and has teams across the globe. As a public benefit corporation, we’re a team of purpose-driven trailblazers seeking to make a positive impact on the future of U.S. national security. But don’t let our intense mission focus fool you—take one step into our virtual workplace and you’ll find games, memes, and gifs galore.
We offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Healthcare, vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) + 3% company contribution
- Wellness perks (Fitness classes, mental health resources)
- Equity incentive plan
- Tech + office supplies stipend
- Annual professional development stipend
- Flexible paid time off + federal holidays off
- Parental leave
- Work from anywhere
- Referral Bonus
Visit our careers page to learn more.
WHO WE ARE
At Second Front Systems (2F), we equip defense and national security professionals for long-term, continuous competition for access to emerging technologies. Founded by two former U.S. Marines with firsthand experience of the dangers outdated technology poses in combat, our team is dedicated to fast-tracking government access to disruptive, commercially-proven technology for U.S. national security missions.
Our Game Warden product, a fully managed and compliant DevSecOps platform, accelerates the process for accrediting software as a service (SaaS) applications for government use.
Learn how 2F can help you make an impact on national security missions at www.secondfront.com
ONE LAST THING…
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested—We'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience.