Second Front Systems’ (2F) Product team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our growing technical team. We are a small team working to accelerate the deployment of emerging technology into national security use-cases. We are seeking technical professionals who want to operate on the front lines of an exciting and disruptive mission.
As a Senior Software Engineer for Second Front Systems, we’ll expect you to develop and deliver high quality software. You’ll be empowered to collaborate with others to implement software that delivers unique capabilities for our commercial and government customers, including Department of Defense, who are looking to accelerate the transition and adoption of innovative technologies for national defense. We pride ourselves on working together as a team and delivering results. You’ll be expected to work cross functionally on a given set of features in a fast-paced agile environment and deliver exceptional software solutions that empower the people who use our products. As part of the role, you’ll be expected to establish benchmarks, outline key activities, and prioritize efforts across multiple initiatives and programs.
We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial team working at the convergence of technology and national security. If this type of effort interests you, come join us!
Note: This position requires U.S. citizenship due to government contract requirements.
- Working with a distributed team on both the front and back end of our cloud-based platform
- Agile development: writing, reviewing, maintaining, testing, and deploying code
- Developing integrations with other applications and systems within our cloud ecosystem
- Communicating with end-users, third-party partners, UX designers, product managers and company leadership to keep key stakeholders informed about the development of our cloud platform
- Participating in code reviews, mentoring others, and evangelizing best coding practices
- Designing and implementing architecture based on product and feature requirements
- Positive motivator, that can navigate and maintain productive and authentic relations with Second Front’s customers and cloud-operations, growth, and executive teams
- U.S. Citizen
- 5 years of Software Engineering experience with problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with the full product development lifecycle
- Proven ability to break down complex problems and discover, diagnose, and fix any bugs or issues
- Understanding of web development concepts (i.e. REST APIs, Authentication)
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the team members in a remote environment
- Active security clearance or ability to obtain a Secret-level security clearance
- Previous experience working in national security
- Experience working and developing with the technologies we use
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Passionate about the coding craft
- Ability to adopt, create and iterate on changing procedures
- Knowledge of DevSecOps tools and practices
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- React, Redux, MUI
PERKS & BENEFITS
This is a full-time role. As a public benefit corporation, we’re a team of purpose-driven trailblazers transforming the future of U.S. national security. We hire the best to do their best and, as such, we are committed to providing the perks and benefits you need to be successful—both in- and outside the workplace.
We offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare, vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) + 3% company contribution
- Wellness perks (Fitness classes, mental health resources)
- Equity incentive plan
- Tech + office supplies stipend
- Annual professional development stipend
- Flexible paid time off + federal holidays off
- Parental leave
- Work from anywhere
- Referral Bonus
Visit our careers page to learn more.
WHO WE ARE
At Second Front Systems (2F), we equip defense and national security professionals for long-term, continuous competition for access to emerging technologies. Founded by two former U.S. Marines with firsthand experience of the dangers outdated technology poses in combat, our team is dedicated to fast-tracking government access to disruptive, commercially-proven technology for U.S. national security missions.
Our Game Warden product, a fully managed and compliant DevSecOps platform, accelerates the process for accrediting software as a service (SaaS) applications for government use.
Learn how 2F can help you make an impact on national security missions at www.secondfront.com
ONE LAST THING…
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested—We'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience.